SG Petch Coronavirus Update
Updated: Monday 13th August 2020.
All branches are now open to the general public but with slightly different opening hours than normal. Please scroll further down the page for information on these. We've also added a new video section about test drives, safety and social distancing.
We'd also like to reassure you that the safety of our customers and employees is our top priority. We’ve implemented further procedures designed to mitigate the risk of spreading the virus.
In our dealerships
During lockdown we've been busy sanitising our buildings and showroom areas using a fully trained team of cleaning professionals to ensure 99.9999% of bacteria is killed completely, including Covid-19. Please watch our video of this process below.
When you visit any SG Petch site, you will see we have social distancing in place. We've asked every team member to follow the guidelines put forth by the Government to prevent the spread of the infection.In addition to this you'll find the following:
- When you arrive for your service appointment, please follow the new safety measures that we have put in place. When we return your vehicle to you, it will be fully sanitised in accordance with Government guidelines.
- We’ve increased the number of times our facilities staff cleans and disinfects common areas across all of our dealerships by sterilizing all customer-facing and employee common areas systematically throughout the day. These areas include but not limited to door handles, countertops, restroom surfaces, handrails, tables, chairs, and many more commonly-touched areas.
- We specifically focus on cleaning all customer-waiting areas (desks, tables, chairs, waiting areas) as soon as they’re vacated by other customers.
- You'll find lots of new banners and stickers in and around the service and showroom areas which offer guidance on where to stand or follow and help you and our employees keep to safe distance guidelines.
- We've installed hundreds of wall mounted dispensers so you can easily sanitise and wash your hands whilst visiting our premises.
- All returning staff have completed awareness competency training to (SSOW - Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Guidance for employees on staying safe in the workplace) certification.
We'll be operating slightly different opening hours than normal for the time being, but these are subject to change.
- Sales departments will be open Monday - Friday 09:00 am - 18:00 pm, Saturday 09:00am - 17:30 pm and 11:00am - 16:00pm Sunday.
- Service & Parts departments will be open Monday - Friday 08:30 am - 18:00 pm and Saturday 08:30am - 12:30 pm. Closed Sunday.
0% APR finance service repair options
We’re here to support your service requirements during these difficult times with interest free loans over 1-9 months for any service or repair costing over £60 to a maximum of £3,000.
Browsing and reserving cars online
You can now reserve any of our used cars online for a £99 reservation fee. This will remove it from sale and we can organise a physical viewing once this option is available.
Test drives, safety and social distancing
Our customers safety is our highest priority. So how do we offer test drives safely whilst maintaining social distancing? Find out in 3 easy steps by watching our short video below. Please remember to bring your driving license and a recent utility bill with you as proof. Certain age restictions and conditions apply. Please ask in-branch for more details.
Live video viewing available
If you've seen any of our new or used cars online and would like a live video preview, simply use the 'Sales' option in the form below and request this in the 'Additional notes' section. One of our dedicated team will get back to you.
NHS & Services on the frontline
We’d just like to say a BIG thank you. The work you are doing is incredible and we realise just how challenging this must be for you all. We want you to know that, whatever your motoring needs, we’re here to help.
We recognise the importance of keeping our NHS colleagues and other essential users, such as emergency services and carers, safely on the roads. If you have any technical queries or concerns, please use the forms at the bottom of this page and we’ll do our very best to prioritise your enquiry to ensure you get the support you need as quickly as possible.
Please fill in your details below. We'll be in touch.